A father is begging for help after a mosquito bite left him with ‘elephant disease’ – causing his leg to swell to four times the size.
Chetan Pithadia, 53, from India, noticed his left leg was getting bigger four years ago and doctors gave him medication that did not help.
His leg continued to bulge to weigh an estimated 25kg and his foot can now barely be seen because of huge folds and lumps.
The condition, known as elephantitis, is caused by parasitic filarial worms carried by mosquitoes which enter the body when victims are bitten.
The former garment worker – who had to give up work – is now appealing for help to raise £3,500 he needs for treatment.