KIDS have been back in the classroom for weeks now, and it won't be long until they're released for the October half term.
Read on to find out everything you need to know about the next break, and how term dates differ around the UK.
2 Kids are due to get their first break in OctoberCredit: Getty – Contributor
When are the school holiday dates for the academic year 2019/20?
School holiday and term time dates can vary depending on which part of the country you live in.
Most children will return to school at the beginning of September, though some go back in the middle of August.
The next break is the autumn half term in October when most children across the UK finish school on Friday, October 18, and return on Monday, October 28.
The dates below are just a rough guide, but check your local council website for the exact term times.
- Autumn term: Monday, September 2 – Friday, October 18, 2019
- Autumn half term: Monday, October 21 – Friday, October 25, 2019
- Autumn term: Monday, October 28 – Friday, December 20, 2019
- Christmas Holidays 2019: Monday, December 23, 2019 – Thursday, January 2, 2020
- Spring term: Monday, January 6 – Friday, February 14, 2020
- Spring half term: Monday, February 17 – Friday, February 21, 2020
- Spring term: Monday, February 24 – Friday, April 3, 2020
- Easter holidays: Monday, April 6, 2020 – Friday, April 17, 2020
- Summer term: Monday, April 20 – Friday, May 22, 2020
- May half term: Monday, May 25 – Friday, May 29, 2020
- Summer term: Monday, June 1 – Friday, July 17, 2020